Residents continue to have the option of attending any Toronto Building customer service counter to make an application for any of the services listed on the website. A rewritable DVD containing all the necessary materials for eligible services will be required when submitted at the counter (paper copies will no longer be required).
Projects eligible for the Residential FASTRACK Program - an enhanced building permit service for certain renovations and additions to existing houses, containing one or two dwelling units – has also been expanded. Eligible applications are typically reviewed within five business days.
The following projects are now eligible for Residential FASTRACK:
- additions with cumulative areas up to 100m2 on all floor levels (previously 50m2 on ground floor only)
- second suite to residential dwellings
- conversion from up to three residential units to a single-family dwelling
- fire damage repairs
- plumbing permits for residential dwellings
- heating, ventilation or air conditioning (HVAC) for Residential FASTRACK permits after issuance of related building permits.
These projects will be added to the following types of projects that were eligible for the Residential FASTRACK program since it was introduced in 2006:
- minor interior alterations
- decks, verandahs, porches and canopies
- garages and carports
- accessory structures (such as gazebos and storage sheds)
- basement entrances, underpinning
- pool fence enclosures
- revisions to Residential FASTRACK Permits.
For complete information, please visit toronto.ca/building