Today, the Mayor announced the launch of a new mobile app for 311 Toronto, making it easier and more convenient for residents, businesses and visitors to connect with 311 Toronto – anywhere, anytime on any smart device.
The 311 Toronto app offers more benefits to the end-user, including:
- GPS capability to allow users to pinpoint and set the exact location of a service request
- Ability to view open requests in a given neighborhood to find out whether an issue has already been reported
- Functionality to explore nearby points of interest, such as civic centres, libraries and museums
- Camera function to easily upload and attach a photo to a service request, for additional context
- Appointment booking for select services with confirmation, reminders and notifications to the user’s device
- Individual personalization, dark and light mode, stored preferences, and information auto-fill
The launch of the mobile app is an extension of the enhanced 311 Toronto service experience introduced last fall. This included online self-serve submissions for all of the approximately 600 service requests that 311 offers, start to finish tracking of requests, real-time status updates via text (SMS) or email notification, live online chat and an expanded Knowledge Base. All enhanced features are now even easier to access on the new mobile app.
The mobile app is part of the integrated system offering the City improved analytics and reporting capabilities to inform ongoing 311 Toronto service updates and identify potential service improvements and needs across the city.
311 Toronto is the gateway to City information, programs and services for residents, business owners and visitors, and will continue to be available by phone, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. In 2021, 311 handled 1,346,077 interactions via phone, email, web and social media, fulfilling 414,591 service requests. The 311 knowledge base had 3,712,041 public views – an increase of more than 1.3 million interactions from 2020. Dedicated and knowledgeable staff are available 24/7 to provide a quality service experience through multiple channels of communication. 311 is available in more than 180 languages over the phone and in more than 50 languages through automatic digital translation online and on the mobile app.
The 311 Toronto app is available for iOS and Android devices and can be downloaded for free from Google Play and Apple App stores.
More information about 311 Toronto is available online.