The consultation process includes:
Public consultation sessions
- public consultation meetings in April and May
- Toronto Community Housing tenant consultations in May
- stakeholder workshops in May – location, dates and times to be determined
- Indigenous community consultations – location, dates and times to be determined
- community-led consultations for groups that prefer to host their own consultations
- a housing forum on June 12 & 13 – times and locations to be determined
- an online questionnaire available at http://www.toronto.ca/housingplan
The public is invited to provide input for the HousingTO Action Plan 2020-2030 in person at four public consultation sessions, which will take place at the following times and locations:
- Wednesday, April 10, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Scarborough Council Chamber, 150 Borough Dr.
- Thursday, April 18, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Etobicoke Council Chamber, 399 The West Mall
Toronto Community Housing consultation sessions
- Tuesday, April 30, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Metro Hall, Rooms 308/309, 55 John St.
- Wednesday, May 1, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., North York Council Chamber, 5100 Yonge St.
While Toronto Community Housing (TCHC) tenants are welcome to attend the public consultations, the City will offer also four TCHC-specific consultations at the following times and locations:
- Tuesday, May 7, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., 65 Greencrest Circuit (Cedarbrae Manor)
- Tuesday, May 14, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., 495 Wilson Ave. (Champlain Apartments)
- Thursday, May 16, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., 341 Bloor St. W.
- Tuesday, May 21, 1 to 3 p.m., 341 Bloor St. W.
The consultations will inform the City's Action Plan, which will be presented to City Council in fall 2019. For more information, members of the public can visit http://www.toronto.ca/housingplan
, call 3-1-1 or email [email protected]
A backgrounder is also available at https://contrib.wp.intra.prod-toronto.ca/home/media-room/backgrounders-other-resources/city-of-toronto-rate-supported-budget-for-solid-waste-management-services/backgrounder-city-of-toronto-launches-public-consultations-for-housingto-2020-2030-action-plan/.