If you are experiencing financial difficulties, then you might qualify for the Welcome Policy program. Welcome Policy entitlement period run from September 1 to August 31 and must be renewed each year by the client.
- Effective July 19, 2010, all Torontonians receiving social assistance will automatically qualify and be renewed for membership in the City of Toronto's Welcome Policy Program.
- Effective September 1, 2010, applications for the Welcome Policy will be available for download on the City of Toronto website.
- Effective September 1, 2010 calling 311, to be connected to the WP Application Centre, will be the quickest and easiest way to apply for Welcome Policy
Applying for the Welcome Policy Only clients with approved Welcome Policy memberships will be able to have program fees waived when registering for recreation programs. You should apply 1 - 2 months before registration begins to ensure that your application can be processed in time for program registration. Applications for renewal should be submitted between May and July.There are three ways to apply for the Welcome Policy:
- Call 311 to be connected to the WP Application Centre
- Pick up a WP package at any of the following locations:
- Toronto City Hall and Civic Centres
- Local community centres
- Toronto Employment and Social Services - Employment Centres
- Proof of identification: birth certificate, driver's license, immigration papers OR passport
- Proof of residency: telephone, cable, hydro, or water bills, lease agreement, driver's license
- Proof of family income : such as current Notice of Assessment, social benefit stubs (including the drug benefit portions), two current consecutive pay stubs, OR a letter from a social agency or religious institution