Waste Management Staff to clear lanes
I have asked Waste Management Staff from Municipal Licensing and Standards to
inspect laneways with the intent of ensuring the laneways are cleared of
dumped garbage and abandoned furniture and other objects. Call 311 to report
garbage and furniture in the laneways and Rights of Way. Or call my office at
Residents Urged to take Precautions
Toronto Fire is recommending that residents take the following actions for
- Lock all doors and windows in your home, garage, gates and vehicles.
- Make sure there are no sources of combustible materials left outdoors in the
open, such as rags, wood, gasoline cans, newspapers or old furniture.
- Lock and chain barbecue propane tanks (including spare tanks) to prevent
them from being used as a source of flammable material.
- Provide exterior lighting around your home at night.
- Trim shrubs that may provide a possible source of combustion or cover for a
criminal lurking at night.
- Ask neighbours to help keep an eye on your home, offering to do likewise for
- Concentrate on monitoring houses where the residents are away, such as on
- Report any suspicious person(s) or events to the police immediately.
Full information on arson is available on the Arson Taskforce website
Working for you!