The role of Build Toronto is to unlock the value in under-utilized lands and use the available City and agency land base to attract targeted industries, stimulate the creation of desirable employment, and regenerate neighbourhoods.
The 13-member Board of Directors of Build Toronto requires seven citizen members.
The Board of Directors is responsible for supervising the management of
the business and affairs of the Corporation, including the following:
- developing City and agency surplus lands and excess real estate with development potential
- working with other sectors in urban regeneration
- remediating brownfields
- catalyst development
- recommending to the City optimal use of City real estate holdings
- using financial incentive tools as provided by the City
“Developing” is intended to imply a wide range of activities focused on unlocking value including acquisition and disposition of properties, project management, financing, environmental remediation, planning and rezoning and joint ventures with other private and public sector organizations.
Qualifications: Candidates must be adult residents of Toronto who can demonstrate the expertise, experience and ethical integrity appropriate for a role directing the business affairs of the corporation. Board members should present specific required qualifications and experience. Applications from candidates reflecting Toronto’s diverse communities are encouraged.
To apply and be considered for one of these positions and for further information concerning the appointments process and to get a copy of
the application form, please visit the City of Toronto’s website.
Please submit your completed application by one of the following:
- EMAIL (preferred) to [email protected]
- Fax applications to 416-531-3130
- Mail or in person to: NAFOR Inc., 5700-100 King St. W., Toronto, ON M5X 1C7
Applications must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, February 11, 2013.