On April 28, 2022 I hosted "A Place to Call Home - Affordable Housing Town Hall" on Zoom. Thank you to everyone who attended and a special thank you to our panelists.
From apartment buildings, co-ops, supportive housing, seniors' buildings, Toronto Community Housing and more, every type of affordable housing that we have in this City can be found in Toronto-Danforth.
As housing costs rise across Canada we are all feeling the impact. High rents make it difficult for people to move into the neighbourhood, while rent increases force current residents to spend more and more of their income on housing. Many residents who own their home worry their children will struggle to find housing in their neighbourhood. The waitlists for affordable or supportive housing are years long.
In case you missed it, below is the recording of the Town Hall. Learn what the City is doing to increase the supply of affordable housing, how new affordable housing is financed and what is needed from other levels of government to build more and build quicker.
- Deputy Mayor Ana Bailao, Chair, Planning & Housing Committee & City of Toronto's Housing Advocate
- Abigail Bond, Executive Director, Housing Secretariat
- Valesa Faria, Director, Housing Policy & Strategy, Housing Secretariat
- Salima Rawji, VP Development, CreateTO
- Joy Connelly – Circle Land Trust and Housing Advocate
- MPP Peter Tabuns