Your co-operation and patience during the construction period is crucial and appreciated.
As part of the planned construction work, the Contractor will be undertaking the following:
- Removing the south leg of Fairford Avenue at Coxwell Avenue and replacing it with a parkette. The parkette will feature new pedestrian lighting, trees and shrubs as well as benches.
- Reconstructing Fairford Avenue from Coxwell Avenue to 15 m east of Rhodes Avenue to allow for access to both Coxwell Avenue and Gerrard Street East.
- Constructing curb bump outs at the intersections of Woodfield Rd., Hiawatha Rd., Ashdale Ave., Craven Rd. and Rhodes Ave. by widening the sidewalks and resurfacing at these intersections.
You will be notified if there are any significant changes to the construction schedule or work to be undertaken.
Work will typically take place from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday, with work after hours and on weekends as required.
As with all construction projects, there will be noise and temporary inconveniences. In order to complete the work effectively and in a safe manner, some pedestrian and traffic restrictions will be necessary. These will include the following;
- Partial lane closures along Fairford Avenue to facilitate the construction of curb bump-outs.
- Road closure on Fairford Avenue between Coxwell Avenue and Rhodes Avenue to facilitate the reconstruction of this section of Fairford Avenue. Local traffic will be re-routed to Gerrard Street E during the period of road closure.
The contractor will further notify you of any additional temporary disruptions. Every effort will be made to reduce the inconvenience. The City appreciates your understanding and co-operation.
Parking Restrictions & Allowances
Construction may require temporary closure of private driveways and parking restrictions for short periods of time in the immediate area of curb bump-out construction. Further notice will be given prior to the temporary closure.
During construction of the curb bump-outs, on street parking will be prohibited in the immediate vicinity of the curb bump-outs and residents are asked to park on adjacent side streets where it is permitted.
Sidewalk reconstruction works will be undertaken in front of properties on the north and south sides of Fairford Avenue between Coxwell Avenue and Rhodes Avenue and at the intersections of Woodfield Rd., Hiawatha Rd., Ashdale Ave. and Craven Rd.
Property owners in the affected areas are reminded to remove any privately owned items from the boulevard. The City will not be responsible for damage to any privately owned items installed on the City’s property.
Recycling and Garbage Collection
Follow your normal routine. If required, the contractor will move the items to an appropriate location and return the bins/containers. Please label your bins/containers with your address.
For more information:
Project website www.toronto.ca/constructioninfo
Contact: Mario Goolsarran, P. Eng. [email protected]
Project Engineer 416-392-9187
24 Hours: General Inquiries 311