Date: Monday, November 16 to Sunday, November 22, 2015
Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction through the work zone. On-street parking and turning restrictions will be in place to create a safe work zone for the crew, as well provide a temporary storage location for the new rails until they are installed.
Work timelineThe work at the streetcar stop will take approximately seven days to complete.
- Mon.: Beginning at approximately 8 a.m., a TTC track crew will occupy the curb lane and weld rail into longer strings in preparation for the replacement. A crew will concrete saw-cut the track area, and begin excavating the section of track (approx. 60 metres), in order to expose the rail that will be replaced. Excavation will be conducted during the daytime until 9 p.m. Streetcar service will be maintained through the work zone.
- Tues.: The crew will continue to excavate the section of track through to Friday.
- Sat.: 504/304 King and 505 Dundas streetcars will be diverted and a frequent bus service will be provided on Broadview Avenue to allow the track crew to replace the rail in the excavated area. This portion of work may also involve some overnight activity, such as rail welding and rail grinding.
- Sun.: 504/304 King and 505 Dundas streetcars will continue to be diverted for placement of concrete and allow to proper curing time. The work zone will be removed on the Monday morning prior to the start of streetcar service.
Work hoursWork activities which include breaking concrete and excavation will typically take place from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., but may extend slightly past 10 p.m. depending on work progress and weather. The set up and removal of the work zone is generally conducted during the early morning when traffic is lighter.
Weekend transit service: (November 21-22)
- Eastbound 504/304 King and 505 Dundas streetcars will turn back at Broadview Avenue (see map) to regular westbound routing (to Dundas West Station).
- A bus service will be provided along the 504/304 King and 505 Dundas regular routing both ways between the King/Parliament and Broadview Station.
- Diego Sinagoga, Community Liaison, 416-393-2197; [email protected]
- Customer Service, 416-393-3030 (daily 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., closed holidays) or @TTChelps.
- TTY Line, 416-481-2523 (daily 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed holidays).
- Route/Schedules/Fares: 416-393-4636 or ttc.ca.