- The City's budget website is the gateway to key tools and resources that are available, including:
- - The Preliminary Budget Overview – provides an executive summary of the 2017 preliminary operating and capital budgets, key challenges and a snapshot of where the money in the City budget comes from, where it goes and how the budget process will unfold over the next few months.
- - Budget notes – provide the in-depth, detailed information about Council-approved service levels, service deliverables, key issues and priorities, 2017 budget highlights and plan, by each program area.
- Infographics and financial charts – a series of infographics that depict key facts about City services are on display in the City Hall rotunda, available on the website and through the City's social channels. A series of financial charts provide an at-a-glance visual of key issues, where the money comes from to support the City's budget, where that money goes, and how tax dollars work for residents.
- Budget videos – the YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/user/thecityoftoronto provides a series of short videos that discuss how to get involved, identify budget priorities and explain how tax dollars were put to work in 2016.
- Presentations and briefing notes -- Staff presentations and briefing notes are provided to Budget Committee and Council throughout the budget process. These documents can help the public understand key issues and follow the development of the budget as it is reviewed, debated, modified and approved by Budget Committee, Executive Committee and ultimately City Council.
Members of the public are encouraged to join the conversation or follow along on Twitter @TorontoComms and Instagram @CityofTO using the hashtag #TOBudget.