I would like to begin by thanking each of you for the countless hours of volunteer time you contribute to children and youth across the City. Our recent discussions and email exchanges regarding the newly instituted Sports Field Permit fees have been especially helpful and I am writing to invite you to join me and my colleagues at a Town Hall to continue the discussion and to get your input on a solution that works for everyone.
What: Sports Field Permit Fees Town Hall When: Tuesday, April 3, 7:00 to 9:30 p.m. Where: City Hall, Council ChambersI understand that the interim measures taken by City Council don't solve the immediate problem and that further action is required to eliminate the impacts of these fees on your ability to run successful seasons this year. I support your requests for Parks, Forestry & Recreation to:
- Waive the new children and youth fees for 2012
- Consult with all sports organizations on potential fees for 2013 before they go into the budget
- Recognize the leagues/organizations' investment of time and materials in parks maintenance in any user fees
- Change the hours "turn-back" date from April 3 to mid-May
- Provide associations with all briefing notes and background information on the proposed permit fees, including information on the new City User Fee Policy
- Provide the draft proposed Rain Policy, cancellation protocol and rebate policy for comments from the associations
I look forward to seeing you there.