The Toronto Strong Neighbourhoods Strategy 2020 builds on the 2005 Toronto Strong Neighbourhoods Strategy and on feedback from participants in a wide range of initiatives. The strategy includes important updates, including updated goals, new criteria for choosing Neighbourhood Improvement Areas, a new monitoring and evaluation process, and the development of a new plan to ensure broader regional, provincial and national policies and programs to help strengthen all neighbourhoods.
All Toronto residents are encouraged to participate and provide the City with feedback about this important strategy by completing an online survey and/or attending one of eight Community Conversations to share their ideas. Residents can visit http://www.toronto.ca/neighbourhoods to complete a survey or register for one of the following Community Conversations:
Community Conversation – dates and locations
- Thursday, October 3 from noon to 2 p.m., Cedarbrook Community Centre, 91 Eastpark Blvd.
- Monday, October 7 from 7 to 9 p.m., Monarch Park Collegiate Institute, 1 Hansen Rd.
- Thursday, October 10 from 7 to 9 p.m., George Vanier Secondary School, 3000 Don Mills Rd.
- Tuesday, October 15 from noon to 2 p.m., Thistletown Community Centre, 925 Albion Rd.
- Friday, October 18 from 7 to 9 p.m., Eatonville Public Library, 430 Burnhamthorpe Rd.
- Monday, October 21 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., City Hall Rotunda, 100 Queen St. W.
- Tuesday, October 22 from 7 to 9 p.m., Northern Secondary School, 851 Mount Pleasant Rd.
- Friday, November 1 from 7 to 9 p.m., Stephen Leacock Collegiate, 2450 Birchmount Rd.
Residents should register in advance to ensure their spot in a Community Conversation. Comments about the strategy can also be emailed to [email protected]