By implementing a full closure, the overall duration needed to complete work within this intersection will be shortened and both utility and track work will be completed during this period.
The plan is to re-instate access through this intersection prior to schools recommencing in September
- Planned construction activities include a new watermain installation, sanitary sewer connection, removal of old storm sewers, new storm sewer construction with added capacity, Enbridge gas main work, and TTC track installation.
- Queen streetcar service and traffic to be restored on Queen Street across Broadview intersection
- Drivers to divert around Eastern/Leslie via alternate north/south routes (Coxwell, Carlaw) and alternative east/west routes (i.e. Lake Shore, Queen)
- There will be no access to Eastern or Queen from Leslie Street
- Speed limit 30km on all residential streets between Carlaw and Coxwell
- Access to the Marigold Gardens Condo parking garage and the Duke parking lot via either Memory Lane or Sears
- Access to businesses east and west of intersection maintained
- Access to Lake Shore plazas maintained
- Leslieville businesses open and accessible on Queen Street East
TTC Service Changes
- Pedestrian access to all properties on Leslie between Queen and Eastern will be maintained at all times
- Pedestrian crossings at Eastern and Leslie will be maintained, but relocated around the excavated area and work zone to ensure safety
- Due to limited space for crossings around the closure, cyclists will be temporarily asked to dismount and walk at the crossing.
- Streetcar service will be restored on Queen Street.
- The 143 Beach Express bus will be temporarily re-routed. Routing details will be posted at www.ttc.ca (see “Route Diversions”)
- All other bus routes will remain on their current detours.
Elizabeth Garkowski & Niki Angelis
Engineering, Construction and Expansion | Toronto Transit Commission
1258 Queen Street East, Toronto ON M4L 1C3
Community Office Hours: Weekdays 9a.m.-5p.m., evenings by appointment
416.981.7360| [email protected] | @TTCLeslieBarns