The TTC has begun renewing streetcar track infrastructure on Broadview north of Danforth, Erindale Avenue and at Broadview Station.
This work, which is expected to finish by November, is part of the city and TTC's Broadview streetcar track renewal project.
A full road closure on Broadview between Danforth and Erindale for up to 30 days will begin on Monday, September 25th.
As a result, there is no bus service on Broadview between Mortimer and Broadview Station.
Temporary TTC Service Changes Now in Effect
The following TTC bus route diversions are now in effect:
- The 8 Broadview route is terminating southbound at Broadview and Mortimer and continues east on Mortimer as the 62 Mortimer
- The 62 Mortimer route is terminating westbound at Broadview and Mortimer and continues north on Broadview as the 8 Broadview
- The 87 Cosburn and 100 Flemingdon Park are diverting to Pape Station
There continues to be no TTC service between Broadview Station and Gerrard Street East.
Read the TTC's service update for more on these temporary changes.
Traffic Restrictions Beginning September 25th
A full road closure on Broadview between Danforth and Erindale will begin on Monday, September 25th for up to 30 days.
In addition, the below traffic restrictions will be in place:
- No through traffic on Broadview between between Danforth and Erindale will be permitted
- Only local traffic between Erindale and Pretoria will be permitted
- Erindale between Broadview and Broadview Station’s bus entrance will be closed
- Only local traffic between the bus entrance and Ellerbeck will be permitted
The GreenP parking lot will still be accessible by travelling westbound on Erindale. Sidewalks, along with the laneways that serve businesses on the north side of the Danforth and west side of Broadview, will also still be accessible.
Vehicles and cyclists can also still travel both ways along the Danforth using a shared lane through the intersection.
Vehicles are also temporarily permitted to:
- Travel south on Broadview from Mortimer to make right hand turns to access the bridge
- Make left turns to head east on Danforth when they reach the Broadview-Danforth intersection
However, these turns will only be allowed until September 25th once the Broadview road closure north of the Danforth begins.
Travel on Broadview continues to be limited to one northbound lane only from Gerrard East to Danforth.
Learn more about ongoing city, TTC and Metrolinx construction in Ward 14.
Sign up to get my updates on what's happening in Toronto-Danforth and at City Hall.