Good news! Construction on the new playground is complete and the park will be reopening soon – the fencing is scheduled to come down September 21, 2020.
The playground has many new features:
- new play equipment including the space ball and net twister
- refurbished wading pool with a seating wall and a small splash pad on the side
- sand play area including a water jug filler
- new stairs and a secondary pathway
- enhanced seating and picnic table areas
- shade structure
- lower, natural armour stone wall around the playground
- an inclusive seat on the swing set
The new wading pool and splash pad will open next year when the outdoor pool season begins.
A big “THANKS!” to all of the community members who sent me their feedback and ideas. It is fantastic that so much of it was incorporated into the final design. And of course a big thanks to the City’s Parks staff and contractors who kept this project going safely during the pandemic.
Please stay safe, practice physical distancing and follow public health guidelines while enjoying your new playground.